Ellen here! It’s been an eventful few weeks, with a BRILLIANT trip to Berlin for Lauren’s book launch, and loads of other fun beside (but I’ll let Lauren tell you all about that.)
Right now I’m very excited, because this weekend the London Comic and Small Press Expo is coming to New Cross! Otherwise known as HOME OF THE FLEECE STATION!
For those who are visiting for the first time (and/or those who appreciate recommendations) here’s a map of some places I like in New Cross, or that have been recommended to me – New Cross high street can look very forbidding, but there are a few real gems, and if you get into Deptford – well, everyone’s got to experience Deptford just once. Especially now that you can get bubble tea on the way in!
Some quick notes on the map: Meateasy is FAB for greasy American diner food (exactly what you came to New Cross for, I imagine) – but it’s only open after 6, and the waits are almost as famous as the chili dog. If you’re serious about checking out London’s most talked-about popup restaurant, get there before 6.
Fleece fave Panda Panda, purveyor of amazing banh mi (Vietnamese sandwiches) and bubble tea – is legendary if you read Sarah’s blog. They’re also open until 9 on Saturdays, so if you get a chance, give them a try. (I haven’t given them a coffee icon – they sell too many good things to represent visually – but their Vietnamese coffee is amazing!)
One thing I haven’t covered: transport. New Cross is accessible by rail, Overground and loads and loads of buses – too many to cover here! Check out the London Transport Journey Planner instead.
Please let me know if you have any questions about my map – there’s a bigger version here – and look for the Fleece Station table on the day.
See you there!
- Bleatings at Jabberworks: riding the alaska marine highway: a travel comic
- Bleatings at Jabberworks: princess whiskers
- Bleatings at Stupid Monsters: Teenytinysaurs Book 2 … and introducing, Julius Zebra!
- Bleatings at Jabberworks: how do we show our love for the indies?
- Bleatings at Jabberworks: drawing monsters with sam
- artist awards awesomenewcomic Bad Dog birds birthday book books bumble billy christmas comical animal comics cooey the pigeon deptford deptford dame DIY ellen lindner exciting news friends gary northfield goats goldsmiths graffiti IFTTT interview Jabberworks knits lauren o'farrell magazine morris the mankiest monster nature watch new new cross old police station panda panda philip reeve phoenix press review sarah mcintyre sheep Small Press snow stitch london studio stupidmonsters twitter vern and lettuce video yelling
- 11,043 sheep